To compete in the Miss Dexterity Pageant, a contestant must fulfill the following requirements:
- Contestants must meet the deadline requirements established by Own Your “NOW” Foundation, which can be found in the packet emailed to the contestant or on the website https://ownyournow.org/.
- Contestants who fail to meet the deadlines will not be allowed to compete in the pageant.
- The information packet will include information concerning prize scholarships, special awards, apparel, fees, and other details of the pageant.
- A contestant must be born female. An official birth certificate and state identification are required.
- A contestant must be between the ages of 17-25 years of age outlined as 17 years of age on January 1 and cannot be 26 on December 31 of the year when the pageant is held.
- A contestant must be a U.S. citizen.
- Contestants must have paid all dues and pageant fees by the due date outlined in the packet mailed.
- Contestants must be enrolled or have successfully been accepted into a four-year college/ university degree program. Enrollment/acceptance will be verified with the school.
- A contestant must have never performed any act or engaged in any activity or employment that is or could reasonably be characterized as dishonest, immoral, or indecent.
- A contestant must never have been convicted of any criminal offense and there are no criminal charges presently pending against her.
- A contestant must be in good health and can participate fully and without limitation in any pageant activities.
- A contestant cannot be pregnant.
- Any contestant winning the Miss Dexterity first-place title is not eligible to compete in that pageant thereafter.
- Winners of Miss Dexterity pageants are expected to attend the pageant in the coming year.
- Own Your “NOW” Foundation nor its sponsors are responsible financially for transportation, room, and reserved seating or responsible for making such arrangements.
- Board Members and Volunteers cannot serve in any capacity within and must have formally resigned at least six (6) months before a member of his or her immediate family competes at any level.
- See contestant contract for additional requirements.
Download Pageant Rules & Regulations