Volunteering your time to support causes you are passionate about is something you will never regret. It can enrich your life, acquaint you with your community, and connect you to people and ideas that will positively impact your perspective for the rest of your life. Helping your community is an opportunity for you to grow as a person, and to better understand how you fit into the world around you. Your time is valuable and gifting it will make a world of difference in the lives of many.
We are searching for a disciplined, reliable choreographer to join our company. The choreographer’s responsibilities include working alongside the director, attending auditions and rehearsals on schedule, collaborating with music, design, and costume departments, and providing training and support while directing the contestants in walking, posing, stage presence, and stage direction for our Miss Prodigious Pageant. You should be deadline-driven and have superb attention to detail.
To be successful as the pageant choreographer, you should be able to gauge what looks great to an audience and guide participants as they perfect your routines. Must be willing to work long hours and show patience with the participants.
This is an amazing volunteer opportunity that could parlay into a permanent role for the right person. Come have fun while building your resume!
Pageant Choreographer Responsibilities:
- Create routines that fit with the mood, music, theme, and that are audience-appropriate.
- Support, guide, and explain all formations to the participants.
- Ensure the venue is available for rehearsal and that participants are notified in a timely manner.
- Conduct research by watching dance shows, attending performances, and reading up on different routines.
- Attend shows and events to gain new ideas and network with others.
- Notify the Director(s), pageant coordinator, and other stakeholders about potential issues and draw up contingency plans.
- Schedule one-on-one sessions and provide extra support where required.
- Show up on time for all rehearsals, performances, and meetings.
- Experience working in pageants, fashion shows, dance, or stage events is a plus.
- A degree in fine arts or similar is helpful but not required.
- Passion for working with others.
- Strong interpretive and creative thinking skills.
- Excellent attention to detail, time management skills, and work ethic.
- Superb interpersonal, collaborative, and communication abilities.